Saturday 27th April 2019, Bristol
The Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel, Broad Street, Bristol, BS1 2EL
Join us for our Conference to Meet the Experts, to celebrate The Pituitary Foundation’s 25th Anniversary. This promises to be a very special Conference, returning to the city where the charity was born back in 1994. As well as meeting with over 200 other patients, there will be multiple workshops and guest speakers from across the UK.
Why attend this Conference?
- Listen to presentations from specialist speakers, Endocrinologists and Specialist Endocrine Nurses from across the UK.
- Attend NEW afternoon workshops covering popular topics and conditions – as requested by delegates last year.
- Meet with over 200 other patients and families who are all going through their own pituitary journey.
- Attend the event at a recently refurbished venue which in the very centre of Bristol.
- Refreshments and a 2 course lunch will be provided.
- Early bird ticket rates are available for subscribed members at just £34.
- Join us in celebrating 25 years of The Pituitary Foundation.
Event Programme & Speakers
Registration is open from 9.30-10.30am. On arrival at the event, you will be given your name badge and delegate pack which will give you all the information you need about the day. There will also be tea, coffee and refreshments available.
From 10.30am, the first morning session will be run by Professor John Wass and Professor Stafford Lightman, and will include research and medical updates. Other guest speakers in attendance this year include Dr Sue Jackson, Professor John Newell-Price, Dr Stephanie Baldeweg, Dr Steve Ball, Dr Karin Bradley, Dr Natasha Thorogood, and the endocrine team from the Bristol Royal Infirmary. More speakers will be confirmed in the next few weeks.
After the first talk, delegates will attend two workshops that they have selected prior to the event with the above speakers. The workshop topics are based on requests from delegates at the last conference so hopefully everyone will find a workshop that is well suited to them. We have many more workshops on offer this year including:
- Newly Diagnosed Patients (have been diagnosed within 12 months)
- Psychological impact of pituitary conditions (Inc.short term memory loss & discussion)
- Adrenal Insufficiency & Steroid Regimes (Inc. emergency injection)
- Your relationship with GP/Consultant, preparing for annual review & Qs – Prof John Wass
- Management of Common Symptoms (for all patients)
- Diabetes Insipidus
- Session for Younger Patients and Parents
The Conference will end with a Q&A with our fantastic speakers. More workshops will be announced soon.
Refreshments are provided throughout the day, including a two course lunch with both hot and cold options. If you have any dietary requirements then you will need to inform us of this when booking.
The Conference will finish at 4.35pm.
The Conference is being held at the Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel, a luxurious Victorian hotel in the City Centre. Accommodation is available for you if you require this (see below for how to book).
The venue is less than a mile from Bristol Temple Meads train station, or a 10 minute drive from the motorway with parking available on site. The coach station is also only a 7 minute walk away if you choose to travel by coach from another city in the UK. If you are flying, regular buses run from the airport to the centre and take around 30 minutes.
We recommend booking travel in advance and looking up advance fares, offering good value for money on many longer distance journeys. Weekends also mean cheaper train travel.
Further detailed travel information will be sent out with all booking confirmations.